(aka floatation tank, sensory deprivation tank, or isolation tank)
A tank filled with water that has enough Epsom salt mixed in to allow a person to float on the surface. The water is kept at skin-temperature, making it imperceptible, and the tank is soundproof and pitch-black, creating a place for our bodies to be free from gravity and all stimulation from the outside world.
It may be the most effortless thing you've ever done for getting rid of pain and stress.
Float Tank Benefits
Many people seem to be surprised to discover how much actual scientific research has been done on floatation and float tanks. Yet all the benefits listed are taken from over 200 research articles containing both lab experiments and case studies published between the 1960′s and today.
What we love most about floating is that almost every one of these benefits lasts for several days beyond the float. And the more you float – the better it gets!
It’s true! The more often the float tank is used, the stronger the effects become, the longer they last and the more efficient the person gets at attaining the benefits every single time they float.
Floating is an effortless way to create a path and a way towards a better life.
Benefits of Gravity Reduction
- Pain Relief & Injury Recovery – Expediting healing in broken bones, expediting healing in sprained joints, relief from back pain, relief from neck pain, spinal alignment, structural alignment
- Medical Conditions- Arthritis, Scoliosis, Fibromyalgia,
- Athletic Training – Lactic acid reduction, improved reaction time, physical recovery
- Pregnancy- by flipping onto the stomach, all the weight of the baby can be effectively removed from the mother’s body.
- Injury Recovery – Injuries have been shown to heal up to twice as fast when floating, with a gradually diminishing effect for several days after.
- Strengthened Immune System
Benefits of Sensory Deprivation
- Stress Relief
- Emotional Pain Relief – PTSD Physchological Therapy
- Jet Lag
- Addiction – Painkillers, Smoking, Alcohol, Narcotics
- Enhanced Creativity
- Hemispheric Brain-wave synchronicity
- Superlearning – skill acuisition, language acquisition, memorization
- Susceptibility to hypnosis & increased suggestibility
- Overall Well Being
Benefits of Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate)
- Skin & Hair Health - despite soaking in water loaded with salt, you won’t come out dehydrated or pruned up.
- Muscle and Joint Sorenesss
Benefits from the Magnesium
Approximately 68% of Americans are Magnesium deficient. We use Magnesium to:
- Regulate and catalyse over 300 enzymes
- Facilitate Calcium absorption
- Prevent Diabetes
- Prevent Asthma
- Prevent Osteoporosis
- Prevent Stroke
- Prevent heart Attack
- Shorten Migraine symptoms
- Lessen the severity of PMS
Benefits from the Sulfates
Our bodies use this for a number of things including balancing hormone levels and digestion. Proper levels of sulfates can help:
- Alleviate Leaky Gut
- Play a vital role in the formation of brain tissue
- Play a vital role in the formation of joint proteins